“When you finish tithing all your income in the third year (the year of tithing),
you must give it to the Levites, the resident foreigners, the orphans,
and the widows so that they may eat to their satisfaction in your villages.”
Hope House has five major revenue streams. They do not take government funds because to do so they would be prevented from teaching about the Bible and Christ’s sacrifice for each of us. Therefore, each of these streams is extremely important for caring for the children who come here.
One of those streams consists of 3-4 “Barn Sales” each year. They usually have 2-3 sales by June. But, not this year because of Covid-19. As a result, they have been receiving and storing donations since last fall, so this first sale was huge! They even had two used boats and an old van donated. The Barn was only one of three buildings where items were displayed, along with the large outside areas that had tables full of stuff and another area of donated furniture.
We worked hard all week to prepare for the sale and during the two days of the sale, we were swamped! At one point, 500 cars in one hour were counted coming onto the grounds! God was so faithful to provide! The school received over $18,000! What a huge blessing! We were told after the sale that there was absolutely no way the small staff here could have done it without the help of the six SOWER couples who eagerly participated! What a blessing to be able to help!
Calendar of Activities (subject to change):
- Through June 25 – work at Hope House SOWER project in Marsing, ID
- Jun 27-Jul 7 travel to and relax at Colter Bay Campground in Grand Teton National Park.
- July/August near family in Idaho, with a possible side trip to visit a Christar family in Montana who is working on raising support for their training center overseas.
- Sept. 2020, SOWER project at Camp Barnabas in Purdy, MO.
- Oct. 2020, SOWER project at Oakridge Ministries in Anadarko, OK
- Nov-Dec 2020, Lake Lavon Camp SOWER project near Princeton, TX.
- Jan. 2021, SOWER project at Highland Lakes Camp & Conf Ctr in Spicewood, TX
- Mar. 2021, SOWER project at Youth Haven Desert Ranch in Eloy, AZ
- March 21-26, 2021, Escapees Escapade Rally in Tucson, AZ helping with the SOWER booth at this huge annual event.